Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Week Come and Gone

Hey Everyone!

This week turned out alright for us. We're working hard with being able to teach more lessons. I feel like we're losing all of our investigators and that's really worrying me. We're teaching one or two lessons, but they lose interest. So I've been really trying hard to understand how to invite the Spirit more into the lessons and how to apply the doctrine better the those we teach, starting from the very first lesson. But I really hope things get better and we can find the people who are ready. I know God is preparing those people and families. I'll never stop working every day to find those people.

But we were able to help little Paola make it to baptimal waters. So we're super excited about that. Now their whole family has been baptised (well, all that are 8 and up) and woking hard to endure to the end! We'll be there helping a lot, because I've really come to love that family. Without a doubt, the Lord sent me here to find them.

As for interresting things going on, well, tomorrow we won't be leaving the room. The mission president is making us all stay in our rooms for Tuesday War. It's the best part about Carnevales here. It's a day when no one is safe from the water... and paint... and, well, just about everything. It gets bad, but there's no public transportation that day. And they say that the only people on the streets are the police trying to regulate everything. Sounds like it's gonna be insane. I'll let you know how it goes.

And my companion also had two toenails taken out. He's been out a few days, but thankfully there was a RM who went out with me those days and helped the work to keep going. Though I can't help but cringe when I look at my companion's feet. It looks funny without a toenail. At least he's walking normally now (and playing football, just 6 days later).

Well, I'm out of time, but I hope everyone is doing well!
Take Care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment