Monday, February 4, 2013

Carnavales...


Well, this week went by pretty well for us. Our fecha fell through, though. We put it back up for the next week. We're just waiting for the girl's father to get back from a vacation in Arequipa. But he'll be getting back this week for sure. So we're not too worried. Other than that, we've recieved a lot of referals and we managed to find a lot of new investigators through the memebers. They really helped us out this week and we're sure that one of these refrences will be able to make it to the waters of baptism.

But we really saw a great miracle through the power of fasting this week. As we fasted, we did it for each of our investigators, but especially to find new families. We were continually praying that day hoping to find someone. But just as one of our appointments fell through, we got a call from a young man. He got baptised about a year ago and was ready to leave for the mission. He lives in another part, but his family lives here in Huaraz, in our area. And he wanted to present his whole family to us. We entered and were warmly welcomed. They saw what their son was about to do through us. And we're pumpped to go back and help that family come to Christ.

Then, that Sunday after church, we recieved refrences for two more familes! We still need to contact them, but it was amazing to see the Lord answer our prayers right away. It's really something special to see Him work directly in my life and in His work.

On other terms, Carnavales have made it to Huaraz. It's quite the interresting holliday. It's one where everyone can just dump water (sometimes paint) on whoever they want. Now that we've hit Febuary, we find ourselves watching the roof tops every single day. We've gotta watch out for the water balloons, because they're becoming more and more frequent. But it's kinda fun, not gonna lie. Makes the day interesting. Though my companion hates getting wet, so it's not quite the same for him. 

I'm also seeing a huge difference in who I am here in the mission. I had an interresting encounter with a North American in the street the other day. He wasn't too fond or my ideas, I guess. But he called me over from the other side of the street, but when I started talking to him, he began attacking me for being Mormon. He had quite different moral beliefs, so I guess he wasn't gonna let my pass by peacably. Anyway, he started insults, but it was interresting to, well, not feel anything. I didn't fell sad, nor angry. I just smiled and said that everyone has freedom of releigon and speech. But without saying anything negative, I smiled and walked away, after calming the conversation by the end. Before, I would have jumped right back at him. I would've been angry for hours after, but it was nice to see that change in me and just let it go. That calmness will probably serve me well in life. I'm always happy to see the way the Lord teaches me and helps me grow.

Hope everyone is well and that the snow comes for you guys!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment