Monday, February 25, 2013

March is Just Around the Corner!


Hey Everyone!

Well, March is comming up. It's the rainiest month, so that should be fun. We'll see how that goes, but it definitely beats the summer heat of Trujillo any day. So I definitely can't complain. I'll be happy to be here for another exchange.

Though a lot of interresting things have happened to me as of late. Missionary wise, the district is gonna grow a ton. The new missionary wave is comming in. We're gonna go from a district of 6 to 10. All of the missionaries in the district are gonna be training new missionaries except for my companion and I. So that'll be quite the trip.
Other than that, we went on a great hike today. Instead of playing soccer every single P-Day, we got to do something new. It was actually really cool. I love being here in Huaraz where everything is green and we're surrounded by mountains. It's awsome to see everything. It relaxes me a TON to be in the mountains hiking, that's something that I've missed dreadfully. So it was way satisfying. Though my companion was dying on the hike and really didn't enjoy it, I felt great after we got back.
We also were served Guinea Pig by one of the members we visited. I can't reject it, of course, that'd be horrible. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that it tasted pretty good... Anyway, my companion, being Peruvian, refused to eat it. In front of the entire family. He's a bit picky, so he tends to do that. But it's a lot worse of an insult here than in the states. So it really worries me when he does that, so I just smile and eat it for him. Funny how it's usually the other way around. The US missionary won't touch it and the Peruvian is glad to eat it. Everyone says that my companion eats like a Gringo, which is funny every time someone says it. He doesn't take the comment very well, though.

As for the Work, I feel like this week we had more success. We're working hard with the new investigators that we find, and working to teach for commitment. As we've done that, we've seen a change in how we do missionary work and success has come from it. I've really learned a lot this exchange and really hope that I can keep myself working hard and bettering myself each day. But I can difinitely say that I'm thankful for this expirience I've had a missionary and I'm glad to be here each day. I've learned a ton and really find that I keep learning every day. But it's always great to find new investigators that are excited about us comming and show a lot of potential.

Hope all is well and that people are enjoying their lives back at home! Even if it's just another normal day, it's something to be enjoyed.
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!
Take care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment