Monday, July 16, 2012

A Birthday in Perú!

Hello Everyone!
 
Well, the last week went by pretty great. Hna. Korin was confirmed and that same day went out with a sister from the ward to do some visiting teaching. So she's really on the ball and is accepted into the ward. I was really happy to see that she's comfortable in Relief Society and has friends among the members. I have high hopes for her and really feel like she'll be able to endure to the end.
 
Other than that, a few of the members made me things for my birthday. One family treated me to a wonderful Lunch and another made me quite an amazing birthday card. I'll show you the pictures when I can. But the day went by well, we had success in finding new investigators. We had a really good reference from a member as well, so we're hoping he'll be able to progress.
 
I also got a wonderful gift from Hna. Korin. She was in Trujillo, and while she was there, she bought us Maple Syrup (which doesn't really exist down here, only in one store in Trujillo that has North American foods) for pancakes! So we'll be enjoying that sometime this week. I'm pretty excited to taste that again.
 
Elder Castro and I also have activities every Friday night to help with the work. The idea is that the members will bring friends to the activity or that they'll get to know us better and be willing to help us. It works pretty well. We teach something short, then play games or sports, something like that. And it's fun to play some traditional games from the US that the members haven't seen before. For example, the Friday before the last, pretty much all of the Young Single Adults showed up, but only them. We had about 15 people and I wondered what we could do that they'd enjoy. So we played Mafia. It was pretty entertaining, but it worked great with the YSA. The game is a whole lot different than anything they have down here, so it was really funny to see their reactions. But they were laughing and accusing and enjoyed it a lot.
 
By the way, I would love to hear a list of games suggestions and such that I could do for these activites.
I also want to do a Family Feud type game, so little completitions in that sense would be appreciated too.
 
I hope all is going great for everyone! I'm doing quite well and am really happy to be here doing the Lord's work.
Take care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment