Monday, July 2, 2012

Hna. Flor was baptized!

Well, Hna. Flor was baptized! The baptism was super hectic, but it all turned out well in the end. The members really supported her and gave her a great welcome into the ward. I felt a happy security that she'll be able to endure to the end. She'll always want to be a part of the ward and the ward will take care of her as well. It was great to see that.
The only problem is that she wasn't confirmed. We'll get right on that....

Other than that, Hna. Korin is preparing for a baptism this week and she's really excited. She's read a good part of the Book of Mormon and has prayed about it several times. She's told us that she knows it comes from God and feels welcome in the ward as well. I'm super happy with what they're doing to help the new converts and investigators. We really owe a lot to them.

My companion and I are still getting along great and working hard to help people come unto Christ. We're keeping diligent and always becoming better missionaries and people. We're not going to slack off on the Lord's errand. Anything that we're not doing well, we're changing.

And I got some wonderful news! The Elders in Huanchaco (my first area, well, only other area....) were able to baptize another family that I worked really hard with! We spent so much time teaching Paul, Rina and her family. They never quite made it to baptism when I was there, but they finally made it with the support of the ward! So Hna. Blanca, Hna. Judith, and Paul and his family were able to make covenants. It's great to hear that those people that I was teaching continued and made the choice to follow Christ.

Oh, and thanks so much for the package!! I'm SO excited to eat all the candy and I'll wait to open the present on my birthday. But I'm super greatful. I got super excited to see that huge package when they handed it to me.

I hope everyone is doing great! Sorry that nothing too interesting happend this week. More work than anything. We saw some great miracles with the help of the members.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, EVERYONE!!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment