Monday, July 30, 2012

Laredo, Por Venir

Well, everything is going well here in Laredo. We're already getting used to the  area and the members. They welcomed us in quite nicely. We have a whole lot of hope for finding new investigators. We found a good number, but not many that will progress very rapidly, so we're still looking for someone who's prepared. We know that the Lord has been getting someone here ready to recieve the Gospel.

My new companion is Elder Quispe, El Guapo (The Handsome). He's got a missionwide nickname for how he acts. He's got ridiculously expensive name brand deoderant, cologne, and gel. He puts it on constantly and makes sure his hair is nice and pretty every time he passes a mirror. He's pretty much the biggest pretty boy I've ever seen, but at least he works. As long as he works, I'm not really worried about it. But he really does make me laugh. Should be an interresting month and a half.

I'm not gonna be able to write much more since my keyboard is broken, but I'll do my best.

So my new mission leader's name is Jose. He's quite the character. He's 22 years old and everyone calls him "cid" for Cid the Sloth. He looks and acts just like him, so I thought it was really fitting. He helps us out, but there's just one problem. He hates gringos. He says that all north americans are racist because of what he's seen on the news and because we don't welcome all immigrants into our country. So he's not very fond of me... He calls me and my country racist every day, but I'll just have to grin and bear it. Maybe he'll change his mind when I show him otherwise through my own actions. I really hope so, because I'm stuck with him for a good while.

Well, I'm out of time, but I hope all is well!
Take care everyone!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment