Monday, January 28, 2013

All Is Well!


Hey Everyone!

Well all went well at the end of the week. We were able to help our 3 investigators make it to the waters of baptism. All three of them were quite happy Saturday and Sunday and it really made me smile to see the joy that they felt. It truly keeps me here in the mission. I'll be super happy to see them make it to the end, especially Lazaro and Adelaida, because they're already very focused on making it to the temple to be sealed together for time and all eternity. And Hna. Esperanza as well, because she's made great sacrifices to make it this far and put herself and her family in line with the teachings of Christ.

I've really enjoyed seeing these people accept the Lord and I'll always be excited to keep going through thick and thin. This is really the Lords work and I get to enjoy the closeness of His hand in my life. I really do love to see that the things that are important to me are important to him, whether they be small or large.

I also got blindsighted this week... Something happened in the district, and there was an emergency exchange, and I got called as the District Leader. It was quite a shock, since I'd only been senior companion for a couple of weeks. But things like that seem to happen in my life. I get comfortable, then everything comes at once. Though I can only accept the calling and recognize that God qualifies whom he calles. So I suppose I'll be just fine. It'll just take a little adjusting.

Hope all is well back home! We've entered the rainy season, so that should be fun here. But it really beats the Trujillo Sun, so I can't complain.

Take Care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment