Monday, March 11, 2013

Hello from Peru!!

Hey Everyone!

Things have been going pretty well down here! Last week was a little slow, but we had a huge miracle happen this week that really made up for it! One of my old investigators, Luis, that I was teaching 3 months ago showed up to church this week with permission from his parents to get baptised (he has 14 years, so he can't get baptised without consent from his parents)! His parents told us that they wouldn't give permission before, but he really came through. He comes to church all by himself every week. That doesn't sound like much, but he actually travels an hour each way just to come to chruch. It's amazing to see that kind of faith in someone so young. I don't think I would've been able to do that by myself each week at his age. In fact, I know I wouldn't have done it. So it was a huge miracle for him to show up with signed permission from his parents! So he's gonna get baptised this Saturday! We're so excited for him, and it really touched my heart to see the faith that he has and how much effort he's put in to be able to be baptised. The Lord really humbles me with the faith of these people.

So I'm quite happy and humbled by the miracles that the Lord works in my life and for how directly he answers each humble prayer. It's really been a huge life changer for me, and has taught me what's most important in life. But the mission has honestly been a high point in my life. Maybe not the easist time, but a time of great growth and progress. And the lesson that always comes to my mind first, is that the Lord truly and honeslty loves me and knows me personally. And that He has a personal hand in my life. I truly love Him first, before all else. And that keeps me here every day.

I love you all and hope that all is going well! Don't forget to let the Lord work little miracles in your lives each day. Be sure to keep a sharp eye out for the littlest, most personal blessings that come each day!
Take care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment