Tuesday, June 5, 2012

They Say That It's Winter, But I'm Still Sweating All Day.... Yay, Perú!


This week had a lot of ups and downs. Our key indicators are higher than normal, but unfortunately our baptismal dates have all fallen. We're working hard to put new goals for them and to help the come to Christ. We're not giving up on anyone, and we're still looking for more people to teach.

We had a large amount of help from the members this week. We were able to do divisions and visit referals from the members as well. It was so helpful to have thier support in the work, and with that came a lot of success. We found a lot of new people to teach and one or two that seem quite prepared to recieve the Gospel! We're super excited to work with them and see how they progress in these next couple of weeks.
So I had another great food experience! It was pretty exciting. My Pensionista gave us a new soup! It was made of very large stewed corn, which tasted great! But it was also full of this unreacognizeable... meat? I ate it, and decided that it was a mushroom or something. It tasted really weird, and was kinda soggy. Ugh. I decided I had to ask my companion once I finished, and he explained it to me. But he was using a word that I didn't know, so I didn't really understand. That night, I looked up the word in the dictionary .... intestine.
I ate.... cow intestine... *shiver*.
If you want proof that how you feel physically is all in your head, you should have felt the shift in my stomach after I read that word....
But that aside, we had a great ward activity called, "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!" It was pretty great. There was a dance with a dinner and other games and such. Each one had it's own room, but then there was us, the missionaries, teaching lessons at the end. Few took the time to listen to us, but that was the point. After all the fun, we taught about the Plan of Salvation and how we should always make time for the things of God. It was pretty fun. I just thought the title was really funny.
And I don't know if you guys have heard, but they're now sending 18 year olds on the mission in South America! A card just came to our ward letting us know that the 12 Apostles have made the descision to send the 18 year old boys who've finished High School (and 2 years of Seminary) on their missions. So they'll be going out a year earlier... Crazy. So there's gonna be a ton of kids leaving on their missions this year.

Hope all is well! I'm doing great down here and am excited to work with all of the new people we've found. I'll let you know how it all goes!

Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment