Monday, October 15, 2012

Off to the Mountains...

Hey everyone!

Changes came once again. This time I'm headed off to the far corner of the mission-- to Huaraz (area Huarupampa, I believe)! It's in the mountains of Peru, so that should be quite interresting. Though, it's far away from any... big city. A lot farther than Ascope. Ascope was 1 1/2 hours from Trujillo. Huaraz is 6. So that'll be a trip. I'm leaving tonight. So I'm not gonna be able to say goodbye to many people here.

Well, I feel as if my work here in Laredo was well done. I worked hard and diligently and the Lord guided us on our way. Maybe we didn't see many outside evidences, but we've started the work again. And I feel as if I will be leaving the area in a good place. We're ready to marry a couple, Clever and Juvicza, on the 20th. Then we'll just have to help them come to the waters of baptims, then later, the Temple. I really hope they can pull through to the end.

Other than that, I'm rather sad to leave Elder Quispe. He's been a great companion and we've really enjoyed working together. And though we didn't have a ton of baptisms we were able to work together with a good attitude every day here in Laredo.

But I'm excited to go to Huaraz and get to work. It'll be a definite change in enviroment (I'll have to buy a sweater), but I feel like I should really enjoy it. Time to go forward with faith.

Other than that, President Turk came to visit us this week. He was teaching with Elder Quispe and I for about 3 hours in the afternoon. We found several of the families that we were teaching, so that was really cool. It was a successful day and the President was happy with our work and the Spirit that was in our lessons. But he really testified of Christ in every aspect of the teaching and really brought the Spirit every time he talked. It was really cool to see his exaple in teaching agian.

Well, I'm just excited to get back to work and also to see the pretty part of the mission (though everyone says that the mountian food is terrible... that'll be fun). Keep me in your prayers! Thanks for all the prayers and support that you always send me. Know that I love you guys and I'm praying for all of you as well.

Take care!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment