Monday, April 15, 2013

Bienvenido a San Luis!


Hey Everyone!

Well, I'm pumped to be in San Luis, Nuevo Chimbote! We've got some great investigators and the ward seem nice (not very organized, but nice). We were so excited to have been able to get two baptismal dates and to really help some people come to Christ. We'll be inviting several more in this week. I really hope that we can keep it going so we can baptize every week. We'll be looking for new people like crazy so we can keep puttin fechas for farther out and really focus on the indicated people. I know we're gonna work miracles here!

Elder Rotolo is really cool as well. I'm excited to work with him and get to know him better. I feel like we've got a lot in common. Our goals more than anything else. He's focused and a great worker. He's from the South (Louisiana)! His accent isn't that strong though. But from time to time, it really comes out. I love it. He's super energetic and loves the people. It was just SO funny to see him (a tall white guy) singing and dancing (holding his belt and throwing his imaginary lasso) down a deserted, sandy, Peruvian back street, in white shirt and tie. I can already feel that his energy is contageous.

Other than that... Well, San Luis is coast again. There are cool little mountian islands just off the coast. The beaches are extremely rocky, so it doesn't have any tourism... It's a lot hotter here. The area is pure sand dune... It really reminds me of Huanchaco. Should be a good time. =)
At least I won't be walking in the rain every day. Though I didn't mind it too much.

Anyway, this is gonna be fun! Time to get to work!

Hope all is well! Love you all!
Elder Seth Prestwich

No comments:

Post a Comment